• In the monochrome category the subject matter is free
choice or open.
• Only monochrome images are allowed in this category.
• Monochrome is a black-and-white image covering the
range from very dark grey (black) to very
clear grey (white) and a range of shades of grey in
between is a monochrome work.
• A black-and-white image toned entirely in a single
colour will remain a monochrome work able
to stand in the black-and-white category.
• A black-and-white image modified by a partial toning or
by the addition of one colour becomes
a colour work (polychrome or duotone) to stand in the
• Digital manipulation IS allowed in this category.